This project is read-only.

Feedback

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:54 PM
Let me know what works and what doesn't work. Let me know what you like and what you think is terrible.
Jan 28, 2008 at 2:14 AM
Burke,
Was very excited to test your code. Co-incidentally I was in the process in developing a similar routine. Well, for starters this code did not work for me. I'm pretty sure it was installed correctly. I have a datagridview bound to a datasource. Basically, it lists a number of steps 1..2...3..4.. etc. This is a primary key column ..I activated the Misc properties on the control (All Drag=True,Allow Drop=True,Allow Reorder=True)...I can select the row and I see the rectangle cursor and I drop it on another row within the same grid, but the entire row disapperars...vanish ..poof! each time the source row disapperars into the destination row...Any clues??? I using VB2005 ...

Jan 28, 2008 at 4:34 PM
It turns out that this grid does not work so well when the grids are databound.

The official word from Microsoft is that drag and drop is not supported on databound controls, but I think I can make it work by determining the source dataset, destination dataset and the difference between the two.
Feb 2, 2008 at 1:26 AM
Thanks to help from cimbyant, I believe we have a solid control that now supports databinding in the drag drop operation. Cimbyant is still doing some testing, but my tests have all proven rock solid so far.
Mar 18, 2009 at 9:11 PM
Does not work with DataBound Object. I see the dragging mouse pointer but once the left click release nothing appear.
Sep 18, 2009 at 9:25 PM

"move"  does't work within the same grid , cut/pasta from top down works  = OK,

but  from bottom  up doest' work its copy over the row , and not cut de source row

I  using VB2008 prof

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Does any one have some test code so we can quickly see how to implement the DLL and its functions? Thanks.